Have a name, but need a solid brand in order to give your business the best possible chance at success? Do you have colors and an idea, but no idea how to bring it to life and make it work for signage, a website, email marketing, and all the different profile sizes on social media? You’re in luck. That’s exactly what many small businesses have hired me to help with!
A brand is so more than a logo—it’s a visual identity, a feeling you want customers to walk away with, and a mission—all that you convey to customers when they experience your brand online, on your product or services, when they hear your business name, and in person—that helps them understand why they need what you have to offer.
If you're just getting started and are a fellow artist or a product-based business, here are a few quick ways to help share your brand.
While there are many tools available now that allow you to create logos without any experience, you won't regret having a professional design your logo. You get what you pay for, and there are many benefits to having a unique logo created that is customized for your brand:
- Not only does having a professionally-designed logo generate trust in your brand, a graphic designer will help you think through your vision and create a mark and identity that you can use for years to come, avoiding trends and fads.
- Logo generators often use stock illustrations and limited font options. A professional will give you access to a wider range of styles and create a custom illustration that's unique to your specific brand.
- A graphic design professional will create a logo that will stand the test of time and work for a variety of uses, including print, web, and even apparel or swag—read more on some fun swag options below!
- A graphic design professional will generate all of the file types and variations that you'll need for any possible application of the logo.
2. BUSINESS CARDS
Arguably, print is dead. But if you're a product-based business, you'll still get asked for business cards at events. Having your brand details clearly available via business cards, QR codes, and printed pieces will be beneficial to hand out so that people can take away a reminder of your brand even if they're not buying.
- Include your social media handle on printed materials. Consistency is key, so use the same tag for Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, and Tik Tok. You might not use them all, but it's always a good idea to reserve them on each platform when you get started. Social selling will keep evolving over time and be a critical component to your success—you never know what platform will be popular next!
- Generate a QR code to quickly direct people to your site. Placed on a business card or other swag, no one has to look up or remember your website URL.
- Be conscious about paper, supply chain, and other materials used. Order 100% recycled papers and use printers that support local communities and give back. Besides giving the environment a break, it's always a good idea to partner with other brands that care about resources.
- Want to skip using business cards altogether? Put your info on a sticker or small sign that customers can snap a photo of at events.
Who doesn't love getting good marketing swag? Done well, this is a brilliant tactic to share your brand and be seen, even after a customer leaves your website, booth, shop, or event.
- Printed pieces like custom stickers are useful to include in online orders as a free gift and way to promote your business via useful marketing. They can be given out at events or even used in swag bag giveaways at pop-up markets.
- Shirts, table runners, and banners are a useful way to rep your brand at events and pop-up markets and give your space an elevated, professional look.
- Postcards are basically small flyers that you can use to ask for reviews, give returning customer discounts, and more. If you place your branding or artwork on the other side, they make great mini art prints that people can save, too!
Need help getting started? Not sure what your brand can benefit from most? Know the value of good design, but are ready to hire help elevating your brand so that you can but your best foot forward? Business branding packages start at $500 and can be customized to your specific needs. While availability is limited, learn more about Andrea's design services offerings and submit an inquiry today!
|7th & Palm was created to support giving away more time and resources to help others. Giving back 1% of our time, 1% of our profits, and 1% of our products at a bare minimum to the local and global community, 7th & Palm remains committed to a 1/1/1 giving pledge. YOU can be a part of that by shopping small and voting with your dollar! All artwork, stationery and greeting cards, prints, and home goods are created by artist Andrea Smith.|