This colorful oyster shell card is bright and clean, great for thank you notes and more. Custom coastal illustration created by artist Andrea Smith.
Here are some fun facts about oysters:⠀
1. An oyster can filter 1.3 gallons of water per hour.⠀
2. Oysters are shaped by their beds.⠀
3. Pearls don't only come from oysters. All oysters are capable of producing pearls, but not the shiny, pretty pearls of value. In fact, most pearls are harvested from an inedible type of oyster as well as from freshwater mussels.
4. Humans have been eating and cultivating oysters for thousands of years. (Talk about sustainable!)⠀
5. Oysters get their flavors from their environment. Because oysters filter so much water, they develop a flavor profile from their environment. Different bodies of water have varying levels of salt and different kinds of nutrients.⠀
6. Oysters are rich in vitamins and nutrients — including zinc, calcium, magnesium, protein, selenium, and vitamin A.
- Size: A2 / 4.25” x 5.5” blank note card
- Material: Sturdy white card stock
- Process: Full-color
- Count: Single blank note card
- Features: Includes a clear protective sleeve
- Envelope: Recycled kraft
- Origin: Made in the USA